can anyone id these?

They look like hand guards for a .30 Carbine. There were several variants made during WWII. Also some of the Plainfield models, and some of the transitional Iver Johnson carbines had hand guards that looked like those. They were easier to carve out of wood, and cheaper to produce. Some did have metal perforated hand guards though they were the early models made with surplus parts, and later models made went back to metal on some of the models.

No proofs or stampings. They are both 11 3/4 in. long but not the same number of perforations and the ends are not quite the same but they would go on the same firearm, they have been around for some time but I would say they have never been on a gun as they are in mint con.

These are some of the grips that were in the collection, there are 20 more pair that are not in the pics and they are all in exc. con. The bipod is stamped U.S. W.M.1. bipod rifle M2. All this and more was from an estate that I lucked into, the kind you like to luck into you know.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
If they are 11&3/4 inches long then they are more than likely hand guards for M1 Garrand not carbine. The carbine hand guards are about 6 inches long.

In the picture in the above post it looks like an assortment of K and J frame grips. The smaller shorter ones are for J frames. The larger for K or N frame models. The top far right looks like wood grip panels for a 1911 frame. The square set on the bottom I am unsure of possibly for a S&W semi auto. Or a Sig Sauer.

CETME. I own a number of them. The G3 that I have are a bit different.

Now that I look at it again one is CETME and the other HK G3. On the G3 the cut out area under where the cocking handle would be cinches it

Last edited:
A quick look at Gunbroker well tell you they are CETME & G3. The bi-pod sounds like a real GI issue bi-pod, can be spendy.

m2bipod2.jpg

Back