Can anyone help identify this gun ? HELP

SNIPE4STUFF

Inactive
I have a very old gun double barrel 2 hammers 2 triggers.

Possibly from Belgium ? FDC is stamped on receiver under hammers.

hand carved wood grips 410 or 45 ACP. Can anyone help me ?

thanks in advance for a new guy here.

Robert

Attachments

• 100_1130.jpg
    100_1130.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 100_1131.jpg
    100_1131.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_1132.jpg
    100_1132.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 178
I can guarantee that it is NOT .45 ACP or .410!
It's a typical European (probably Belgium) double barreled pistol from around 1900.

Your gun was made about 100 years ago by ‘Francois Dumoulin & C°’ (FDC) in Liege, Belgium, one of many artisanal gunmakers in that region at that time.

This type of double barreled pistols was referred to as ‘arme éccosaise’ (sc ottisch gun) although later they became known as ‘pistolet brésilien’ (Brazilian pistol) because Brazil was the main export destination for this kind of gun. The gun was made in a variety of calibers depending on customers wishes.

ZEN.45 is correct; those were inexpensive guns, made primarily for export.

It is my understanding that for years, Brazil has had a law restricting guns that can be sold to the native peoples to two shots, which would explain the vast numbers of those double handguns made and sold in that country. If I am incorrect, I hope someone will correct me, but that has been my understanding.

Jim

Well, it is cruddie, the grips for some reason don't fit right, buggered up screw heads and if it has rifled barrels it is probably an obsolete round such as the 12 MM. As a curio or wall hanger I think 75 to 125 would be right. Anyone else want to chime in?

Back