Can anybody confirm this?

Oatka

Found on another message board --

"On Wed 12/15, a caller to a local talk show in Maryland told how he had recently driven to Canada and was asked by the Canadian border guard if he had a gun with him. He answered "No". The guard then asked, "Do you own any guns?" He answered "Yes."

As the exchange went on, the caller found out that the Canadian gaurd had on his computer screen the fact that the caller had purchased a shotgun this summer at a local sporting goods store. Scarey Stuff."

I take it that the caller bought a gun in the U.S. and the Canadian border guard had a record of it. Hello??

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

You would be surprised how much info on firearm owners is collected, stored and is accessible.
The FBI and the Canadian Law Enforcement agencies share info on criminals. Also if your a CCW License holder it is easy for LEO in Canada or any Mexico to get info on you.

I am reading this that he had bought the shotgun in Canada on a previous trip. Thus showing on the puter.<p>

Since both Canada and U.S. are subscribers to interpol, criminal data would be available to either party.<p>

For many years, radio transmitting devices, firearms and a few other things have been under tight control and registration in Canada.<p>

However, I don't trust any authority anymore. In AZ, if you pulled over for tail light, and the officer runs your plate, the fact that you pawned a firearm in the past will show. Officer then assumes you to be armed.<p>

Sam

1) ANY police officer making a stop should consider all persons in the vehicle to be armed. Always.

2) Neither Canada nor Mexico has anything that I need or want bad enough to go after it.

- My wife and I vacationed by travelling from Texas to Georgia, up the Blue Ridge Parkway (just beautiful) to my daughter's home near Syracuse, New York and then over to Niagara Falls.

There we saw cars coming from Canada to the U.S. with no problem. However, there was a line into Canada backed up across the Rainbow Bridge clear into downtown Niagara Falls. The "safety conscious" Canadians were checking mostly for firearms. ANY vehicle with Texas plates, an NRA sticker or other "subversive" (i.e. "firearms/freedom-related) indicator was being searched thoroughly. Some cars were being stripped of door panels, etc.

Screw 'em. We stayed in the U.S. - one less "threat" to our northern "friends" (snort).

Later I informed our "friends" in Quebec that my family and I spent a couple thousand bucks in the U.S. that could have been spent in Canada. I was polite, but never got the common decency of a reply. (Maybe the problem was I wrote it in English rather than French.)

The Canadians have a beautiful country and there are many people there who believe in freedom as WE do. But they have been "civilized" (made properly subservient) by the government.

Let's not permit that loss of freedom here.

------------------
Either you believe in the Second Amendment or you don't.
Stick it to 'em! RKBA!

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited December 20, 1999).]

When applying for (& receiving, but of course) my CCW in CO (they're by county 'cause of the stupid patchwork job we got here), I was informed that successful applicants' information would be forwarded to all local LE agencies. So, if it's on the little wire, it's on the big wire.

Too, a few back Rcky Mtn News had a blurb about how some new tracing system had resulted in all kinds of guns being traced to some "gun dealers" (read merchants of death). I was about to go ballistic 'cause that info's supposed to be secret (right).
Anyway, calling NRA, found the story to be about traces of guns recovered in criminal activities.

CO's got this trick magnetic strip on the back of the driver's licenses. Having worked with computers & access to some pretty powerful magnets, I wiped the danmed thing a few times to garble anything there. Let 'em learn to type rather than zip my strip to get what they want.

Back