Can a Lyman sight be added to a Mak90?

cornered rat

I have been toying with the idea of setting up a Lyman tang sight on my Mak. Any thoughts on accuracy/durability given it would not be on the barrel or where the open sight it?

Basically, I dislike open sights and have been trying to figure out what to do about his rifle to convert it to a peep sight.

I am leery of any scopes or battery-dependent devices, though. Not sure occluded-eye sights are accurate enough for longer range...

I bought a Williams sight a few years back and the adjustment screws broke before I ever got it to the range. It is very poorly made and very fragile. I would steer clear of them. If you really want one you can have mine. (if I can find it) I don't know of anyone making a good peep sight for the AK. Meprolight makes some good tritium sights of standard configuration if you're interested. I had a side rail mounted to my SA93. I purchased the rail, a QD scope mount and a 4x rangefinding scope with a BDC calibrated for the 7.62x39 from Kalashnikov USA for about $120. It is an excellant set up and allows many different options for sighting. (various scopes, red dot sights, etc) It is rugged and simple to use and allows you quick access to your iron sights should your scope fail. If you have any questions feel free to email me. For all things AK related check out www.AK-47.net.

Back