Camp Perry rifle events packing list?

Citizen Carrier

I'm going to shoot the Rimfire Sporter, SAFS M16 school and leg match, the M1 Carbine, Springfield/Vintage, M1 Garand, and M1A Springfield matches at Camp Perry this summer and am trying to brainstorm all the items I should bring.

If anybody knows where I can find an existing type of list, great. If not, see if I am missing something.

Rifles
Ammunition
Magazines/clips
Scope with stand
Mat
Chamber flag
Cart
Eye/Ear protection
Hat
Sunblock
Timer
Chair/stool
Water
Snacks
Oil/Grease
Tools
Pen/Pencil
Clipboard
Shooting Glove
Transparent bag for scorecards in rain
Umbrella/wet weather gear

How about cleaning supplies
Bug Repellant
sweat band
golf towel
large lawn leaf plastic bags...works for keeping things dry too. And you know it will rain :p
$ for the north store and commerical row
camera
If you are staying in a hut I would take a small window airconditioner.
fan
Pillow, etc
plastic forks and spoons
Your favorite brand of group tightener....for after shooting and relaxing, will also need cooler and ice
FLIP FLOPS
laundry soap
If it were me, I would also find something for lunch in the pits which can be carried without problems.

Last edited:
A cart of some sort will be a big help - i.e. something with wheels on it that you can load your stuff into.

I know that I've seen lists of this sort, but can't remember where. You might try looking on the CMP forum a/o nationalmatch.us .

Last edited:
Can't help with the list although the suggestions so far look good. Oh, by the way, I live only 15 minutes away from Perry, so I never worry too much about what to bring.

If the CMP is holding the Vintage and Springfield matches on the same day, ie. am and pm, I'd suggest you take everything you need to fire both matches with you to the assembly line for the first match. If you draw Viale range, you won't have enough time to go back to your car between matches...it's one he-l of a long day believe me. A good wide brimmed bush hat is good for the pits as is lots of water and your lunch. Good luck. Rodfac

Spare parts! Nothing more frustrating than breaking your firing pin halfway through the slow fire prone. Ask me how I know...

Data book. If you don't have one, get one, at least a small notebook. You're going to want to keep track of your zeros for various ammo lots, conditions, etc.

Spare batteries for your timer, or a spare timer. If you bring that, it won't die on you. You know, like rolling up your windows so it won't rain.

Shooting jacket. It's amazing how much even something like the cheapie blue CMP jacket helps.

You won't need a lot of ammo. For the CMP games, you have to use issue ammunition.

Some kind of good, soft, no-streak wipes for your glasses as they fill up with sweat.

Cooler, and a big enough cart to drag it around.

Those plastic lidded storage bins are great for keeping the stuff organized on your cart. And dry.

See you down there!

Back