Camillus Maxx combat folder review?

imadork

I'm interested in purchasing a knife for CQB. Anyone have the Camillus Maxx? I have a spyderco currently, but the Maxx is an interesting one to say the least on account of its size (12" open) and cool titanium handle. In my state (CA), I could carry the Maxx almost anywhere unlike fixed knives. Any opinions?
cam-maxx-cu2262.jpg

In CA, one may carry an otherwise legal dirk or dagger as long as it is exposed. This includes swords, ice picks, and so forth. Some cities and areas such as playgrounds, schools, courthouses, parks, UC property, etc. prohibit fixed knives with blades over a certain length, often 3". Folding knives don't count as dirks or daggers unless they are locked in the open position, and so may be carried concealed or unconcealed. Folding knives with locking blades may not be carried onto any K-12 schoolground. Some but not many local units have their own policies of what people can and can't carry. Bay Area cities and Los Angeles are two areas I know of that use such policies as anti-gang devices. See PC 626-640, 12020-12040 and 653k.
Not that I want to walk around with a sword anyway. My local police have issued one CCW permit in the last 18 years. Hence the need for a combat folder.

The reviews I've read have been positive, but I haven't been over to BladeForums lately. I want one, but I already have a REKAT Sifu and really don't need another 12" folder. The large folders do tend to attract a lot of attention when used for everyday tasks. :cool:

Back