Calling Catholic clergy who hunt!

Preacherman

Dear shooting friends,

I need to contact Catholic deacons, priests and bishops in the USA who hunt. This is for an upcoming magazine article, and the more participants and potential "inputters" we have, the better! Confidentiality guaranteed if required.

If you are, or know of, a hunting Catholic clergyman, please contact me via e-mail, giving contact information (name, location, and e-mail address minimum, please). Full details will be provided to respondents.

Many thanks to all, and God bless.

I don't know of any now but will ask Father if he knows of any when I see him this week. Years ago (before there was an anticipated mass on Saturday) there was a 4 AM mass on Sunday morning..................for the fishermen and hunters...........including Father Labe' who said the mass so he could go fishing or hunting (depending on the season) also.

Hi, Labgrade. (Does that stand for "laboratory grade" or "Labrador grade"??? Just curious! :) ) The only reason for the request being specifically for Catholic clergy was that this was specified in the approach from the magazine editor involved. I've put it to her that an "ecumenical hunting" approach might work well, and am waiting for her response. If she OK's it, I'll open the request to other pastors, ministers, rabbi's, imams, sensei's and other faith leaders as well. We could have a World Council of Shooting Churches, if we play our cards right!

Hey Preachman.

Actually it stands for laboratory grade as I was a calibration/process/design engineer in a past life. Now that you mention it though, could as easily stand for Labrador - my best of all buddies was a Black, although I've a Chessie/Chock Lab/Wire-hair pointer mix right now that's prettty much up there - looks like a Muppet, but a certain keeper.

Just curious why "just Catholic" for now - good enough explanation & really, good enough if not - ain't my thread. ;)

Have some Jewish friends who don't/won't hunt unless in dire survival mode - something about that & was just curious.

My father was a Catholic Deacon and he hunted in his youth. He passed away 6 years ago but I do have a couple of stories if you are interested.

Vince

Hi, "V.Oller" and "Crazyquik". Thanks for the responses. Please e-mail me with contact details, and I'll get in touch. The same goes for anyone else interested in being involved in this project.

Oops! Sorry, all, for the slip-up - indeed, my profile did not display my e-mail address, although I'd entered it. I've corrected the situation (I hope!), and you should now be able to look up my e-mail address. If there are any further problems, please leave a message on this thread, and I'll have another argument with the computer...

Back