California Laws And The Ar 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERK510

Inactive
hey all i was at a gun show in california and i found out the ar15 is now legal to own again with the detachible mag as long as you have the bullet button installed witch needs a tool to detach the mag wut confuses me is why is this weapon is aloud to be sold with its pistol grip and telescopeing stock and muzzle brake witch are supposted to be illegal i own a sks and was thinking about buying a t6 tactical stock but the law says(ASSULT BAN) i cant own one because of the pistol grip.. etc anyways did they change thes laws or is there just a hole in the law for the ar 15 ??

The "bullet button" is a way around the stupid laws. Kali has clearly defined what makes a rifle an evil rifle by specific characteristics...take away some of the characteristics from the list and your evil firearm is now a tree-hugging, granola-loving, bunny-stroker. AR15 bullet buttons make me nervous. Not California enough for me. If anything, I'd look at a U-15 stock.

Quick list:
Detachable mag over 10 rounds - evil.
Pistol grip (defined as the pivot of the trigger above the web of the hand) - evil.
Flash hider - evil.
Grenade launcher attachment (like on some SKSs) - super evil.
Semiauto with the above characteristics - Satan incarnate.

That's why the FAB-10 is legal. Fixed 10 round mag.
That's why the M1A is legal. Traditional rifle stock.
That's why some SKSs are legal (others are banned by country of origin). Traditional rifle stock.

If you were to permanently attach a 10 round magazine to your SKS, making it impossible to remove without destroying the rifle, you could have a TAPCO pistol grip stock.

Check out the California Attorney General's site for more info. I'm sure I missed something.

If you were to permanently attach a 10 round magazine to your SKS, making it impossible to remove without destroying the rifle, you could have a TAPCO pistol grip stock.

so your saying if i made shure there was no way to take tha mag off without having to use tools i could use the tapco pistolgrip telescopeing stock in california without getting bitchd at at the the gun range?

i wonder if the u-15 stock will fit a sks tapco stock or if that m4 cali legal stock?

If you could translate that post into English

The OP is barely readable, when your writing is really poor, you give ammo to the enemy.
Most gun owners are smarter then anti's...Lets keep it that way.

Yep...if a FAB-10 is legal (fixed 10 round mag, load through the top, pistol grip), should be the same with an SKS. Just need to make 100% sure the 10 round mag is permanently attached to the rifle.

I am "talking about" forum rules, I guess you are as unaware of them

as you are with written English.
4) Mangling of the English language whether thru ignorance, age, sloth or intent diminishes and embarrasses each of us. Posts which are indecipherable due to inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation. Recidivists will be removed.

gunsmith wutare u talking about???? does that even have anything to do with this thread

Its not about being a grammar nazi, its about acting like an adult on an adult forum. You probably get better answers if you used proper sentences and correct spelling.

"...permanently attach a 10 round magazine to your SKS..." That's how they originally came. 10 round integral magazine fed with stripper clips.

California law on AR ownership makes me nervous too. While it may be technically legal, I don't have the inclination to risk prosecution, loss of my job, loss of time and money to defend my individualized AR setup.

My understanding about limitations on non-sporting stocks for an SKS involve federal law and a minimum number of domestic parts, but that the set up can be accomplished.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back