California Fingerpring and Amo limits.

J270

I went out of town this weekend, and visited a hole in the wall gun shop.
The salesmen was saying that by febuary of this year Ca residence will need fingerprinted and have limits on how much ammo the can buy. Is this true.

The ammo limit was dropped from the final version of the bill.. You would need to give a thumbprint for handgun ammunition... I do not agree with any part of this law... It's implementation is currently being fought in court by the NRA and the CRPA..

Here's a link and you can read it.

http://www.ab962.org/ReadAB962.aspx

No mail order/internet order loaded ammunition. No limit. Face to face only with finger prints and the ammunition seller will be a "filter" to decide if you can buy ammunition. I feel for our gun dealers on this one.

Not to sound like I'm behind the curve... But exactly how does one fingerprint a bullit? Roll it in ink then roll it on a tiny fingerprint card? How long would it take to fingerpring a box of 50? Callifonia cant afford to pay it's cops... now another new bureau to fingerprint bullits?

I'm just kidding... But on the serious side... if they fire a round out of a gun, and keep it for the ballistic impressions to match with the gun later.... a few thousand rounds later they'll never get a 100% match. Useless evidence. Oh riiight... I forgot. California...

SSSSHHH we just like to watch and laugh at the brain trust in Sacoftomatos! Its almost like watching Florida count election ballots!:D
Hoping to move SOON!

Back