Caliber Conversion Cylinders for M1895 Nangant Revolvers

Hard Ball

I have heard that cyliners are being made to allow "drop in" conversions for 7.62MM Russian M1895 revolvers
to .32ACP or 7,62X25mm Mauser. Has anyone tried these and if so, how well did they work.
Also, does any one know who makes and sells these cylinders? :confused:

You can use 32 S&W long in the Nagant w/o the conversion cylinder. I've had various comments on the use of 32 H&R Magnum and since I have an extra Nagant I might give it a try (with bags around the revolver and pulling the trigger with a long lanyard :D ) I have the 32 ACP cylinder and have never gotten it to work properly. The Nagant will not fire in double action mode and even in single action mode the cylinder will not index to the next round without some effort. Save your money but if you feel it something that you must have I'll sell you mine for $25 including shipping.

Forget the 7.62 x 25 conversion. The pressure is too much for the Nagant and no reliable gunsmith with do it (at least the ones I've talked to).

The .32 S&W Long is far too small in the Nagant and the possibility of split cases is pretty high. The same would be true in spades for the .32 Magnum, which is the same diameter as the .32 S&W.

Pressure is not a problem. Either .32 is a popgun compared to the original round. I have no idea why they made those cylinders in .32ACP, but they probably were made in Europe or somewhere that .32 S&W L was unknown.

I agree that the 7.62x25 would be a bit hot for that gun, but something like the .30 Luger should work just fine.

Jim

Back