Cabellas won one today...nice case.

Rich_357

Well, went in search of a new pistol case today. All of my current hand guns have their own case, usually ordered online. I ran across this rascal. Buy one, get 3 free...LOL. $40 and yes Cabelas has ONE L :P

20160403_001610_zpsntgh6nyl.jpg

20160403_002147_zpsefoupksn.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like a solid, heavy duty case. However, experience has taught me that multiple handguns in a single case is often a bad idea. And especially if you actually intend to place those four in that case as arranged, I suspect that you will eventually come to regret it.

They... move. A thicker gun or gun with a particularly think part (say... cylinder) will displace foam. The revolver will sit nice and tight -- while a thinner gun will migrate.

I experimented with ideas over decades before I got it right and I can't improve on my method now: each handgun in a zippered soft case and multiple soft cases in a sturdy leather (old school) fat laptop computer bag. Think 1990's era laptop and that's the bag I'm talking about.

Secure and safe, packs thin enough and extremely cost effective. The laptop bag can be found at a thrift store, the zippered cases are $5 at a big gun store or cheaper if you buy in multiples at a gun show.

Thanks for the heads up. Good advice and a nice idea.. :cool:

The full size and the revolver should be heavy enough not to move; I'll give that a try. My range bag couldn't hold any more. That's a good thing :P

Last edited:
If it will always be the same guns in it, you can custom cut a foam insert. I have a thrift store brief case I gutted and did custom foam in for 5 of my handguns. No migrating like that... but it only works if it is always the same or at least similar shaped guns.

Good idea but I think that I'm making this a generic range case for larger guns. It should fit two without any problems.

Makes sense but I don't think that I'd put more than 3 guns in this case. With gun socks....one full sized (92S), one compact (SP101) and one sub compact (Shield). For $40 it's really nice.

Back