Cabela's?

Miss Demeanors

I just went to get the snail mail and got a catalog called Cabela's. Im looking through it and WHOA guns and rifles! There are 2 pages that are selling rifles and revolvers. I thought you couldn't buy guns this way? Does anyone know what this is, are these like cheapy guns or something? Is it a joke? Who is teasing me like this? I'm guessing I am missing something here. Can I order a rifle just like that? I've never seen this before and was just wondering if someone can shed some light for me. I dont have my FOID yet so obviously I will not be buying anything yet, but if this is what it says it is I might hang on to the catalog. PLEASE someone tell me! :) They have cabinets, cases, scopes, and cleaning kits, its all too overwhelming! :)

Its a legit outfit. Lots of good deals and neat brand name stuff. Lots of cool fishing and camping stuff

As for selling guns...check the small print...there will be codes and a page that details what the codes mean. There will be a list of states that won't allow mailorder firearms shipments.

Have fun and cry cuz ya don't have the money to buy all that you want LOL

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

The guns that shoot metalic cartridges have to go through a FFL. The blackpowder guns can be bought from the and a sent to you via Ups and not have to go through an FFL.

That is in some states you can get Blackpowder guns like that.
In my state you can't.

those guns are blackpowder

it's not really a gun, its a quaint replica of an antique firearm

50 caliber too!

;)

dZ

The store is pretty cool too.. ive taken a road trip up there before. The gun library is really nice too. (have to see it to belive)

Dr.Rob

Oh another RARE GEM in colorao is JAX Outdoor equipment in Fort Collins.. lots of good camping/hiking/fishing/hunting and surplus gear at good prices.

Dr.Rob

Cabela's = Toys-R-US :)

They also sell some specialized rifle and shotgun ammo. I bought a few cases of some S&B 12Ga #4 buckshot. It is the fastest opening shot I have ever used. Great for HD.

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, NRA, LEAA and vote.

Cabelas has been around for many years. Probably older than I am. :)
I've ordered parts for my 10/22 there. They have decent prices and get your stuff to you on time as promised.

I must look like the biggest moron on this board! I really never heard of this before. Just one more thing that I learned from my friends at TFL! Thanks! :)

shhhh...don't tell Miss D about Quartermasters :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Miss D, shhhhhh! Some of us other 'morons' also heard about Cabela's here on TFL. But, I ain't no moron no more ... ;)

Cabela's is great.

Miss D, you are NOT a moron.

Yes, most are black powder, some are metallic cartridge rifles, like the Henry's and Sharp's, and some are air guns. They have all kinds of "specialty" catalogs too: Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Fly fishing, Marine and RV, Clothing, etc., not to mention the seasonal ones. I have not seen the gun library one yet. I believe you have to pay for that one.

My Cabela's Visa card gets used quite often.
My wife threatens to throw away the catalog whenever she see's it in the mail. I think I financed the new 200,000 sq. ft. store they are building here in MI. I can't wait! :)
Bass Pro also opened up here a year ago.

------------------
I Love My Country, But I Fear My Government!

Back