Cabelas sale (Spiller & Burr)

jmfc606

Cabelas has the Spiller and Burr 36 cal Brass frame revolver on sale for $199. Just figured I'd pass it on. I ordered another one, so now I have one to shoot and one to polish and fondle. These replicas are addictive ! I'm gonna need another safe just for my cap & ball revolvers.

I see that Cabela's has brass-framed "1851 Navy" revolvers in .44 caliber for $199, but I do not see any Spiller and Burr revolvers there at any price.

Steve

Eh, I guess it's for the best, at least for me. The Missus is already gonna be mad at me for getting another '75 Remmie. She'd be livid if I added another cap 'n ball revolver on top of that.

Hope you gents enjoy your pistols when they come in, and show us some pictures!

Guns of the Old West did a write-up a few months back and Cabela's sold out of em right away!
Now they are giving them away...
I understand the S&B is an excellent revolver with great accuracy!
I don't know why Cabelas does this when I am broke?
I have enough BP revolvers to be happy but you always have want's for the others too! The .36 is a good target caliber low recoil.
Colt has the best GP .36 Caliber going but other brands have some neat models too1
I guess the Police Model Remington leather fits the Spiller and Burr, both frames are sorta intermediate sized.
All other .36 articles are common so that'll make shooting easier!
Grab em while you can, I heaar they're great!
ZVP

Yes, and .36 caliber. Less than 1500 were originally made. I'm really upset right now, I wish I found out earlier about the sale price!

Last edited:
Back