Cabela's Rolling Block Muzzleloader

There is worth !!!

I have one of these new never been fired, since they are no longer sold, I wonder if it worth anything?
Of course they are and I'm fairly sure I know which one you are referring to. technically these are considered as MM/L's but the basic design goes back to the late 1800's. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Yeah they were invented during the civil war, but not sold much until just after, the 1860's I think. Supposedly they were very strong and reliable compared to trapdoors, etc. Became standard issue with a few armies around the world, but the U.S. chose their own Springfield made gun (the U.S. Navy purchased some rolling blocks). Custer might have survived with rolling blocks! You did not have to mortgage your adobe to buy one either, cheaper than a Sharps.

got any pics ???

I have a Knight (I think) rolling block muzzle loader... it's a "modern" hunting rifle, & doesn't much (really) resemble one of my 2 rolling block cartridge guns ( one an original albeit custom Remington, & one a replica Navy Arms rifle )...

so if you are talking about a replica of an original ... I'd be curious how it looks, compared to either my Knight, or one of my cartridge rifles

on the Knight, it's just a cover that holds the cap on, "looks" kinda rolling block ish... mine is stainless when I 1st heard of it, I wondered if they could be altered to a cartridge gun... but Knights design the roller is no where near a breech block... that's why I was looking for pics myself

Still guessing !!!

A rolling block muzzle loader?
Yes, they are out there and I have yet to receive a reply from the OP, as to what he actually has. I think I know but without his reply, we may never know. ... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back