Cabela's Hawken by Investarms?

Pathfinder45

Is the Cabela's hawken style rifle by Investarms the same as the Lyman Great Plains? How do they differ in quality and features? The reason I ask is that I found a Cabelas 50 caliber percussion, with double triggers that looks like it's brand new for $199.00. Should I keep looking, or is this a steal of a deal?

Made by the same company but totally different gun. The Hawken is closer to the Lyman trade rifle with the addition of double set triggers, adjustable rear sight and a patchbox. In my opinion the rear sight is the worst feature of the Hawken, it is kind of a flimsy screw adjustable deal. I have one in .50 caliber and it is quite an accurate shooter, I would jump on a nice one at that price.

Kind of depends ???

Should I keep looking, or is this a steal of a deal?
At face value, I'd say it might be a good deal, but more detail would be nice. At $150.00 it would be a great deal. I think that you will find this to default to the 1:48 twist and these are usually marked. .... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

"Is the Cabela's version twisted slow or fast for round ball versus conical ? "

The Investarms-Cabelas Hawken has a 1 turn in 48" twist compatible for patched round ball and short conical and sabot bullets.

Quality is on par with the Lymans and Thompson Center similar rifles.

That's a buy I wouldn't let pass !!!

Back