Cabela's comes through

noelf2

So I've been waiting for one of those Cabela's club member promotions, you know the 10% off and free shipping on purchase of $99 or more? I got one of those promotions in email today. Firearms have always been excluded from promotions, but black powder guns weren't considered firearms. I couldn't apply the promotion online, so I called sales. They said Cabela's considers black powder guns as firearms for the promotions now. I asked to speak to a manager. Manager understood my position, agreed with it, and went ahead with the promotion for my purchase. Just letting you know that if you run into a snag like this on promotions, don't give up at sales. Talk to a manager.

So what did you get?

An aberration that bears no resemblance to anything historically accurate. :o

Pics, or it didn't happen.

When I'm done, it will look like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• pepp.jpg
    pepp.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 469
The way I do it, this gun cost me $13.33.

:) You keep doing that and Cabela's won't offer any more sales to the unwashed among us!

I am very glad that Cabela's seems to have the same business orientation as usual, but I see no sales as of late.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...pperbox-cal-black-powder-revolver/2373101.uts

IMO, I see no desire for something like that but for less than a bottle of cheap whiskey, I guess I could go for it, if only for the parts.

Good score, sir!

You keep doing that and Cabela's won't offer any more sales to the unwashed among us!

Cabela's gets their money. I have a Cabela's visa card and save up the points. The more I use it on, the more free guns I get. I usually wait until they have a good promotion going as well.

IMO, I see no desire for something like that......

I totally get that. I had one of these on backorder a while back, and cancelled it. I've been talking myself out of getting it because I'm not too keen on the look either. But with a birds head or thunderer grip, it's just calling to me. Doubt I'll use it for anything other than firing blank loads on 4th of July or something. Cap, 5gr of powder, and a wax slug would be fun too.

A Chainfire might actually be kind of fun with that! :D

Edit can you pass that 10% off deal to friends and family??

I gotta agree... I never cared for them either, but that birds head grip (I have always liked em) makes ALL the difference in the world...

May have to get me a Cabelas CC...

Sooo.... When can we expect a vid of this horror in action???? LOL

Sooo.... When can we expect a vid of this horror in action???? LOL

It's probably going to be a safe queen until sometime in early July...:D

I'll post pics when I put the thunderer grips on it though.

Edit can you pass that 10% off deal to friends and family??
Afraid that promotion was for one day, and required the Cabela's card... I think you can get promotions without the card by signing up for the Cabela's club.

Last edited:
Did the grip swap

The pepperbox came in, and I swapped the grips with a pietta snub 1851. I think I like them both better!

IMG_20170502_182208_391.jpg

IMG_20170502_182226_815.jpg

You GOTTA get that thing out and fire it man... I mean... Ya just HAVE to LOL!

I wonder what its gonna chroni?? May not be much, but I bet ya wont get cheated at a card table with that on ya LOL!

Back