Cabelas 10mm for $22 box of 50

DaleA

Every couple months or so I pay a visit to Cabelas. Today I was amazed at the $200 price tag on the Ruger LCP and I wrote about that in the semi-auto forum. Told my buddy about it and he said that was nothing...the real amazing thing (according to him) was they had 180 grain 10mm ammo for $22 for a box of 50. Apparently he hasn't been able to find it locally for a while at all.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/SIG-...d=734095080&CQ_search=10mm+ammunition&CQ_st=b

I said that deal probably got past me because I don't shoot 10mm and he said now that he has some I can come with him and try it out. Things are good.

P.S. I really don't mean to sound like a shill for Cabelas. Most of the time I think their prices are too high.

If one is open to shopping online $22 is actually pretty high. The last 10mm I bought was some Sellier & Bellot from sportsmansguide for around $16 a box of 50 with free shipping.

A year or 2 ago and $20 for 10mm would have been cheap. Now you can find the stuff for $15 a box online. I bought some of the Sig stuff when it first came out for $20 a box.

If you're looking for knock your socks off type loads the premium stuff is still pushing $.75 to $1 per round. The cheaper stuff is more akin to hot 40 S&W, but I happy there are more options available.

For those who don't reload but I want to shoot 10mm range ammo that's closer to being a real 10mm load than just a "hot .40", I'd recommend Sig's 180gn FMJ load @ 1250fps (from a 5" barrel).

A 180gn 10mm @ 1250fos is what DT used to market as a 85% of a full-throttle 10mm "practice and training" load back in the mid-2000s. (In 10mm, IIRC, a 180gn bullet @ 1325fps is considered "full-power" for that bullet-weight). I shot up several cases of DTs practice load back in those years.

Sig's 180 FMJ ammo was the first off-the-shelf 10mm factory stuff I've found that duplicates what a reasonably hot 10mm range load should be if you don't, or can't, reload.

Back