CA legality on AK

jetrecbn1

Posted this also on ak47.net. Was interested in purchasing a us/romanian AK. The guys that I was ordering from didn't know but were willing to send if it's ok. The AK that I want has U.S. parts making it legal for ________(import or sale in CA)? Need your help guys and gals. Thanks

Sorry, but no more AKs, AR-15s, FALs, etc. in the Republic of Kalifornia. With the passage of SB23, all of these fine weapons may no longer be sold in California. This ban also includes high-capacity magazines. However, those who owned these weapons prior to December 31, 1999 have until December 31, 2000 to register them with the California DOJ. What an honor it is to live in such a safe state, free from all future gun violence. Thank you Governor Davis, Attorney General Lockyer, and all of the other selfless individuals who care so much about us.

BTW, I understand that the aforementioned firearms MAY still qualify for sale in CA if certain evil features are removed and replaced, such as the pistol grip on an AR-15. Call the DOJ to verity this, but expect an answer as clear as mud.

Regards,

Noban

As of april, I had seen for sale in the state of california AR-15's for sale with the pistol grip cut off. Just hacked off so that it was flush with the bottom of the lower. I'm assuming that AK with the pistol grip hacked off in the same fashion would also be legal. Read somewhere that the CA DOJ was gonna have hearings in april to make a final decision on the legality of this . but any bought up to the date of the final decision would be ok. Haven't heard anything since, so I think its still ok. Didn't get out to the cow palace show two weeekends ago.

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?
http://yellowman.virtualave.net/

You can still purchase AR and AK receivers in Kalifornia. The pistol grip is removed, installing one would violate SB23. Stupid, isn't it!

Hey, why don't you go with a Mini-30?
I'd rather have that than something all
butchered. Besides, you can go hunting with it.

You can still legally buy the SAIGA in any caliber, with the straight style stock. The quality is better than any Romanian AK and some will take high capacity mags.

Back