CA ban and Supreme Court

deanf

In "The Supreme Court and the Second Amendment", Don Kates Jr. writes "When California's assault rifle ban reaches the Supreme Court, Miller will present a real problem for the anti-gunners."

Does anyone know if this issue is winding it's way through the courts enroute to the U.S. Supreme COurt?

I think it could end up there. The only problem is, if the Court refuses to hear it, then the CA ban is upheld and becomes law. This could be the one gang.
Hopefully, if the court hears it, and strikes the CA law down it will tend to put CA in it's place.
Paul B.

Challenges to Roberti-Roos have been based on concepts of "equal protection". This law banned certain firearms by name (e.g. Colt AR-15). There have been rulings that the law is too arbitrary, since two people with virtually identical rifles would be treated differently if one rifle were manufactured by Colt, and another by Bushmaster.

Here's an article about it:
http://www.concentric.net/~rweller/news334.htm

SB 23, if it passes, will be a much clearer infringement of RKBA.

It is so disgusting.... We need a Supreme Court test of the second amendment... if they don't uphold it , then we can act to reclaim the Republic !!!!

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. may your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

------------------
What part of "INFRINGED" don't they understand?

_Not_ good news for CA residents:

//nrawinningteam.com/confiscation/calockyer.html

Glad I moved taking all of mine with me.

[This message has been edited by SKN (edited July 03, 1999).]

Back