C&R's confused (might seem a bit stupid)

I have a bit of confusion about C&R licenses. Firstly, do I need one to acquire an old firearm such as a Gewher 98? Secondly, what happens after the license expires? Do i need to get a new one? Thirdly, what if I'm actually planning on using instead of keeping it hung up in a glass case?

Last edited:
In case you hadn't noticed, we have a C&R sub-forum here: http://thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Firstly, do I need one to acquire an old firearm such as a Gewher 98?
No, briefly, the C&R just allows you to bypass the 01FFL and have the C&R firearm shipped directly to your door (if you buy from a distributer or from out of state), depending upon your state's laws.

Secondly, what happens after hte license expires?
Absolutely nothing. There is no requirement to send (or even keep) your bound book anywhere. There is nothing you have to do regarding the firearms you acquired.

Do i need to get a new one?
That's up to you. Some companies, such as Midway, offer discounts to C&R licensees that may make retaining a license advantageous.

Thirdly, what if I'm actually planning on using instead of keeping it hung up in a glass case?
There is nothing in the federal law that states you cannot shoot the arms you acquire under the C&R license.

Instead of a thread lock, how about if I move this over to our C&R forum?

You'll get better answers and responses from our own crufflers.

Back