C&R Renewal App

Onward Allusion

So, I will not be renewing my C&R. Do I need to do anything or just let it lapse? Since I am not a business, do I still have to send in the FFL Renewal App?

Has anyone let their C&R expire then re-apply have any issues? I noticed on the application, it asks if you held a FFL prior and the number.

Last edited:
They're just a few bucks per year.
While there's not a whole lot left (and a lot of the pricing on what's left is "fishing" for a bite), if you buy one eligible rifle during those three years you've paid for it. It's the cost of a couple cups of coffee per year, takes a few minutes to fill out and mail; why not...

For ten bucks a year I see absolutely no reason to let my license go. In fact, last spring I came upon a deal for a No.5 Jungle Carbine that was much easier to do using my C&R. So you never know when you might regret letting it go.

I also let mine expire and then re-applied ten years later. No problems. I told ATF that I did not have the old FFL number, but that I was certain they could look it up if they needed to.

While it is valuable to hear that one can easily renew an expired license, I think I'll keep things as simple as possible and practical for my situation and keep my license current.

Back