C&R question

TN Hillbilly

Inactive
Well I received my C&R License the other day. Took 6 weeks but it was quicker than I thought it would be with the mad rush on guns. I had some questions. I am getting ready to make up a form letter to mail out with my license. What did everyone put in their letter? Also since I made copies of my license that only take half a page should I use the other half to put my form letter on (so everything is on 1 piece of paper) or should I do separate pages?

Can't wait to get started.

I just send my C&R signed in red ink with a copy of my drivers license (which has the same address on it) and my email address. I don't send any letter with it. I've had no problems so far.

I do exactly as the OP suggested ... I use the second half of the copy to politely request that they keep my FFL on file and that I hope to do business with them in the near future. I have never been asked for any more identification than my FFL, so I don't send anything else like a DL.

Don't forget to send it in to MidwayUSA and Brownells ... you qualify for healthy discounts from both of them.

Saands

ps ... the bore-select 91/30's at J&G Sales are in really good shape (wood too, not just the bore) ... that might be a good first acquisition to try your C&R out on :)

if they have a website many will take a scanned copy(signed in blue or red) attached to an email. I find this to be the easiest way.

Back