c & r question

lagavulin62

since I'm waiting on my license got a question about delivery. I know if you are not home they usually will re-attempt delivery. but is it possible for the license holder to have them hold for pu? I know any adult can sign for a delivery as long as they are at the licensee address but wondering if the licensee can pu at say UPS if he can't be home during delivery? thanks all.

Since I'm also waiting for my C&R license to arrive, I'm far from an expert. But my understanding is that while an Type 01 FFL licensee can buy and sell firearms only at his place of business, a C&R holder can acquire and dispose of firearms anywhere, because as a collector he has no place of business.

As I understand it, it's not a matter of a place of business - it's a place of collection. I left "Place of Business" blank on my 03 FFL application and it was returned with a sticky note explaining this.

The basic answer is yeas.

Slightly longer answer: if a UPS package says "Adult Signature Required", the driver will normally try to drop it off at a neighbor's house. If that doesn't work, he or she will leave a sticky note on your door with a delivery tracking number. If you log into the UPS website and input this number, it will let you select a number of options for the next delivery attempt, including diverting it to another address or holding it for pickup at a UPS shipment center.

The only catch is that you have to log in and make another choice by a certain time each day (7 PM in my area). If you miss the cutoff, your choice won't take effect the next day, but rather the day after.

It's very simple to call UPS or FedEx and them hold any item being shipped to you.
USPS is a different story, they will leave at the post office after the first atempt here but may be differeent other places. You can call the usps and to have it held at the USPS but it doesnt work 100% of the time.

I've been off these pages for a few days so missed everyone's responses. thanks for all who gave input. good news today as my license arrived in the mail. total turnaround was 2 days shy of 4 weeks. can't wait to order my first c&r.

Back