C & R FFL

sody

Inactive
Am interested in getting C & R FFL. I looked at the form at ATF. One of the questions is "Do you hold a hunting license, not expired" I believe is the gist of the question. Since in Montana we can't buy a hunting license except during hunting season, does this mean I have to wait until Fall. Has anyone else run into this, or am I missing something. Thanks

That section is for non-immigrant aliens. If you are a permanent resident or a citizen, you should not fill in any of question 10.

Well, do I look embarrassed now. After I printed the form, I read it and sure enough, right there in bold letters....
Anyway, thanks for the comeback. I sure do appreciate these forums and all the folks in the know.

Welcome sody. As you have seen you can get really good information here. Most everybody will be helpful, and understanding of the occasional error.
Welcome to the wonderful, and budget breaking, world of C&R. Do you have a "first" in mind yet. There are still some pretty good milsurps available.
My latest is a Walther P1 from AIM that just arrived Wednesday. You'll learn to love the Big Brown Truck.
When you get your license make copies. Sign them and send copies to all the distributors. Get put on their mailing lists. that's a sure way to break your bank account!:D Also places like Midway USA, and Graf and Sons will give you a discount if you send them a copy.
The BATF has OKed FAXed copies to the distributors, but some still don't take them, and want a mailed hard copy. I just send the hard copy to all when I get my renewal. that makes it for sure.
Here is another forum that gets more involved with C&R, and can provide a lot of good information. http://milsurpshooter.net/

How much is the typical discount at Midway and is it on all items?

In other words: should I get a C & r to save money on reloading supplies?

How much is the typical discount at Midway and is it on all items?

In other words: should I get a C &R to save money on reloading supplies?

10%. Probably not worth it for just the discount. But just think of all the C&R guns showing up at your door in the BBT!!!

In other words: should I get a C & r to save money on reloading supplies?

Depending how much you buy will determine the savings. $30.00 for the license will give the opportunity to get C&R firearms shipped to your home.
Many of the suppliers give discounts to FFL holders.
Here is a list of some of the companies I sent my FFL to,
Midway USA
Brownell's
Allen Schisel
AIM
Empire Arms
Century Inter. Arms
Military Shooters
Graf & Sons
The Armory
I.O.
Military Gun Supply
Sarco
J&G Sales
S.O.G. Inter.
Numrich
Classic Arms

I bought a bunch of Mec-Gar mags from Brownells for my 1911s and a Hi Power. The discount was pretty substantial and easily covered the cost of the license. Seems to me that they were about 30% off.

If you reload and you don't mind paying by check or COD, Graf's prices are quite a bit lower than most everybody else. They take plastic, but discount another 3% for paper.

Back