C&R 9mm's

I'm starting to get interested in C&R guns, but I would prefer to try and find guns that shoot common, and modern caliber ammo if possible to keep the ammo the same as I already shoot and reload.

Besides the Walther P1 how many C&R pistols are available in 9mm?

I'd also be interested in learning about any rifles that shoot 9mm.

Thanks,
Sean

None that are currently available from the distributors. There are of course Luger, Browning M35, and Star B pistols that are C&R, but not at the low price that many C&R buyers are looking for. I lucked out a few years ago, and got a Star B from Coles at Knob Creek for about $250, but that was probably about the end of them.
Don't sell some of the 9X18 pistols short. Right now the CZ82 is still available, and maybe a few Polish P64s. Both good pistols, and 9X18 Mak isn't really all that hard to find.

These would all be C&R's, but certainly not cheap:

Astra 600, Radom P35, FN P35 Hi-Power made prior to 1961, Star Model B, Beretta 951 made prior to 1961, Swedish M1940 and Finnish M1935 Lahti pistols, Any P 08 "Luger", any Interarms Parabellum (yes, they are on the list), Any SIG P210 made prior to 1961, etc., etc.

Also watching for more. With the P1, CZ82, and P64 making the list, I assume under the person, place, or event clause for some reason, that the Argentine or Israeli Hi-Power would make the list. They should be more affordable than the other Hi-Powers that are already approved.
Hope not too soon though. My discretionary fund has to recover from the P1 last week.:eek:

Also watching for more. With the P1, CZ82, and P64 making the list, I assume under the person, place, or event clause for some reason, that the Argentine or Israeli Hi-Power would make the list.

Actually, no. They would have be made prior to this day in 1961 to be eligible. Otherwise, someone has to petition ATF to specifically place these on the C&R list

Actually, no. They would have be made prior to this day in 1961 to be eligible. Otherwise, someone has to petition ATF to specifically place these on the C&R list

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. My P1 is dater 5/79, my CZ82 dated '86, P64 1971, and Pomanian TT-33 1956. All newer than the fifty years. One common thread, these C&R eligible pistols, like the 49/56 Yugo SKS, are all from former Eastern Block countries. End of the Cold war, fall of the Iron Curtain. Are these the historical event used to get C&R approval on these, and other guns newer than 50 years. My question was is there anything that would give cause to request C&R ststus for the Argentine, and Israeli Hi-Powers. I haven't done any research as to when they were used by these countries. Faulkland Island war, 6 days war, or any other of the wars that Israel has fought? Just wondering if there is a chance.
In reality, probably not with a State Department that is keeping very historic 60 year old relics from being imported from Korea!
Just hoping.

Quote:
Also watching for more. With the P1, CZ82, and P64 making the list, I assume under the person, place, or event clause for some reason, that the Argentine or Israeli Hi-Power would make the list.

The Walther P1 is now on the curio and relic list.

Go for the gold

How about the Dreyse 9mm or the 9mm walther model 6? So what if they're really hard to find? Half the fun in this is the search itself for the special find, and after you find it, you start the search over for something else, something more...

Back