Buying ?????

shane

I have a party that is asking me to send $600 cashier check to them then they will send off the rifle. This is not going to happen. The rifle is in TX, I'm in WA. My local gun shop will transfer.
Any ideas or experineces. The rifle owner is against COD.
Help me out, I would like some ideas.
Shane

------------------

Ask him to have a local gun shop send the rifle and handle the sale. The gun shop might charge $20 bucks or so, but you can use a credit card and the gunshop guy isn't going to be involved in fraud.

In that scenario, you could also send the check to the Gunshop, once again, the guy isn't going to cash your check until he sends the rifle. If it is a cashiers check made out to the business, the same holds true.

If the guy won't go through a gun shop, you're back to square one.

------------------
-Essayons

Thats a good way to go...
You dont want the ATF looking at you funny.

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
"Sir Heckler"

ATF hell, I don't want to "give" some one $600 for nothing. Owners deal is no deal,send him 6 bones then he'll send the rifle to my ffl shop. Come on give me a break!

Shane
Y2K hell, Gore scares me.

------------------

I know that interstate sales of handguns must be handled by an FFL holder at both ends. I thought that sales of long guns were covered as well. An individual may send directly to an FFL holder for the purpose of repair or modification but not for sale. If a long gun is not covered you could just send certified funds via the USPS registered mail return receipt requested. The seller will have to sign for the check and you will get a card back letting you know that he received it. If he fails to ship your gun, you may file charges with the USPS and he can explain the mail fraud to the Postal Inspectors. Mail fraud is a federal offense and he will go to jail.

Finally got the deal done!

For some reason he is going to do the dealer to dealer transfer. I had put this option on the table a week and a half ago, but he refused it.
Well my 9mm Calico carbine should be in my hand by the 23rd, hope fully I'll get it before my birthday (28th).

Any one know a good place to get cheap 9mm?

Shane

------------------

For 9mm ammo, try Cheaper than Dirt. They have Sellier & Bellot factory for $6.99 a box or $6.69 if you buy 10 or more boxes. I've shot several dozen boxes of various calibers and have had no complaints. The web address is: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com

[This message has been edited by Rich Loden (edited 01-16-99).]

Shane, Cheaper Than Dirt also has 1000 rounds of no-name FMJ 9mm packed in a surplus ammo can for $109.97 + $14.97 shipping. If my arithetic is OK that's about 12.5 cents a round. It costs me about 8.5 cents a round to reload 9mm hardball not counting anything for brass, so this sounds like a deal to me. I haven't tried any of the stuff, so can't vouch for it's quality. So far, everything I've tried from CTD has been OK though.

OK. I confess. I bought some of that Russian steel case stuff Ed mentioned above from Cheaper than Dirt! (which isn't cheaper than dirt anymore) to play with. Fired 200 rounds with no problems.

Shane, on the Calico, if you can get the magazine loader they use to sell, it's worth it. I think I had it down to less than 12 seconds to load a fifty rounder with it. But that was my pre-geritol days.

Gary

Gary,

Any advise or info would be helpful. In 89-91 I had a M-100 .22lr, but the 9mm is a completely different unit(thank god). I do have the loader and the "kelly" grip/front grip.
You can e-mail me direct at shanenlesley@techline.com

------------------
If we are what we eat, then I'm FAST, CHEAP, & EASY!

Back