Buying non-C&R firearm from SOG?

tobnpr

Wasn't sure of which section to post this, but since the ? centers around a C&R license and SOG figured I'd try here.

I'm interested in purchasing a non-C&R handgun from SOG, where I have the 03 dealer account.

Wondering if I could buy this through my account at dealer price, and have them ship to an 01 FFL for transfer? Anyone tried this?

I believe the prices you see are the dealer prices, and I believe you can have them sent to an FFL near you. Why not call SOG and ask them?

I agree, call them. I will also add SOG is a first rate company, I have been extremely satisfied with all my dealings with them.

Yes,

I have purchased non C&R from them and had it shipped to a FFL. Some FFL dealers will not do it as it is supposed to be an dealer site only.

If I remember correctly the shipping was higher for some reason. (pistol)

Doug

From the last few non-C&R firearms I purchased from SOG, I followed the same format:

Contact your chosen FFL and have them fax both his/her info to SOG and your name (essentially giving SOG permission to send what you purchase to him/her/it/they).
If you don't currently have a FFL who will receive for you, hit up the pawn shops in your area that sell firearms. Expect a $15-$30 fee per transaction/firearm.

If the FFLs in your area charge more than $30 (or worse, ask a percentage of the purchase price... which is absurd), expand your search or move out of the communist alcove you live in.

Then once SOG has received your FFL's info, you call SOG directly and order your firearm using your credit/debit card.

Your FFL will notify you (hopefully) when your firearm arrives. Then you simply fill out your 4473 paperwork, pay your FFL's fee and take your new toy home to spark an argument with the wife and justifying her purchase of a $300 pair of shoes that will add to her closet collection of shoes she never wears. Pick your battles; don't argue.

Last edited:
Back