Buying ammo in another state

GunsAreGood

Alright all I am going to be visiting my Uncle that is returning form Afghanistan in Reno in the near future. I live in California. I am planning on buying some ammo seeing that ammo my way is NOT CHEAP. My question is can I legally buy ammo out of state and drive back with it as long as I do not buy anything that would be illegal in California. Also will I need a relative with a Nevada I.D. to make the purchase. I will thank you in advance for your input.

You can buy ammo anywhere you want. That is unless california has a law against bringing back in from another state.

Check carefully, your CA laws

I have not heard of them adding a restriction about bringing in ammo purchased out of state, but it might be in there somewhere. I understand CA has recently passed a lot of new requirements about ammo purchase, and ID, but that should only apply to purchases made in state. But check carefully.

Most states only have an ID requirement to prove legal age for ammo purchase, but there are exceptions. I don't know about NV, sorry.

Thank you for the input. I will check extensively and probably give a call to the bureau of firearm of California just to make sure.

Cali changed the law so as to prohibit online ammo sales. It strikes me as a protectionist move, in addition to the usual control-freakishness of gun control folks. Their gun stores no longer have to compete with the prices and selection we get online, so they'll do what protected businesses do: offer less selection at higher prices, increasing profit margin on their now-captive audience.

As a customer of various online ammo outlets, it is something I would like to see challenged.

Did they also change the law so that you can't possess ammo bought outside their new system? Better check that question carefully, because it sounds like the kind of thing a protectionist control freak would like to do.

Well I just got off the phone with the Bureau Of Firearms of California and I was told that as long as the ammunition is not prohibited in California there is absolutely nothing illegal about stocking up while out of state and driving it back. :D:D:D

Back