buying a used Glock

IsRgreen

Inactive
Hi there I am rather new to buying guns that are used. I really don't know what I should be looking for when I get it or what kind of questions to be asking about it. I have a chance at getting a used Glock 26 with tritium night sights and two mags for 450.00 I have always gotten my guns new or well taken over one of my boyfriends guns. I can't really ask him cause this is his early Christmas present. I would appreciate all your input Thanks.

it's hard to go wrong with a glock--if by chance something is wrong with it(Which i doubt) glock will almost certainly fix it for free..i've had four glocks over the years..the only problem i ever had was in my long slide 17..i broke the slide at the ejection port by shooting some +++++P hot reloads which were not safe. Sent it back and it came back with a new slide (No Charge)..Almost forgot--when i got the gun (Used by the way) it had a ported barrel. told them i didn't like it and they put a new barrel in it (No Charge). Glocks may be made in Austria but they are sold and serviced by a bunch of good ole boys down in georgia..Enough said....Dick

This is probably the wrong forum, but..

Glock has good customer service. I bought a couple older NFML pre-ban mags (used) for my Glock 19, which promptly cracked after taking them to the frozen midwest last winter. Glock replaced them free of charge, save my half of the shipping.

-z

for night sights add $70 to the cost of the gun. basically you are getting the glock with the n/sights thrown in.
you can contact glock for info on glock armourers in your area. or send back to glock for a look over.
they will replace the springs, and the firing pin (as needed) and send it back to you in another box, along with your original box, if you sent it to them in one.
i have owned glocks for some time, and as i shoot the same gun in competition(idpa & action pistol), that i carry as my ccw, (also i am a glock armorer) i have yet to see any issues with them, except with mags (weak springs).
if i were you i would be the owner of a new (for you) glock. the price is very good.

Depending on what part of the country that you live in, that may or not be a good deal. I would venture to say that $350. is about right for a used specimen, even to $400. for one with night sights. I usually take $100. from the price of a new gun for a used weapon in good condition.

Since the G26 models are relatively new, they have all the new features of the latest glocks, so getting the weapon upgraded is not a concern.

Because the primary role of the G26 is a carry gun, you will probably see a bit more external wear than the larger glocks. Even so, the mini should be mechanically sound because most people put fewer rounds through these pistols than folks with the 17 or 19's.

If you decide to get it and something does go wrong, I have heard only good things about Glock customer service. This should be a good purchase. One final note- In case you are not familiar with Glocks, unless it has an aftermarket barrel installed, it is not advisable to shoot lead bullets through it because of the special rifling. Stick to FMJ or JHP's and your baby glock will be happpy. :D

Good SHooting
RED

IsRgreen,

You might get more answers in the Handguns forum for Semi-Autos. I'll move this thread there for you.

That sounds about right at least as far as the price goes. I traded for a used G19 with Trijicon night sights. The price was $464. I have not had a bit of trouble with it, of course the store gunsmith is a Glock armorer. ;) It should be ok.

Here in MA, new Glocks are not allowed to be sold.Only Glocks made prior to 10/98 are allowed and they sell for $600-$700.I've had my heart set on a 36 only to find out that they were manufactured after 10/98.Now I have to move out of state to buy one. :(

swatman, MA has some pretty seriously irritating firearm laws. take a look at http://www.fsguns.com/Regulation.html for some of the special things that MA puts it's residents through. there are other sites that have the full text of the CPLs, which by the way was shot down rapidly in NH.

Adept

$425 would be a good price.

Used, no problem just make sure the no edges on the metal parts or broken off or that the case ejector point is still sharp.

Pay a glock armorer $5 to look it over for you and test fire it.

Back