Buying a shortwave radio

• Thread starter Thread starter DS
  • Start date Start date

DS

Inactive
Hi I keep hearing about shortwave radios, and I am wondering what kind of stuff(patriotic, emergency, etc.)I can pick up with one. Also, what is the best frequency range. I have seen some cheaper radios with a range of about 4.8 to 21 or so MHZ, and am not sure if this is a wide enough range. Thanks for any help you guys can give me...

Agood short wave radio to start with is a sony 7600G. I use mine to listen to english language newscasts from the BBC, Japan, Germany, holland, etc. You can listen to unbiased reporting of the facts and get an idea of how we are viewed by the rest of the world. The airways are also full of lunatic preachers exhorting that jesus is comming, y2k will usher in the end of the world, men in black helicopters or ufo's (depending on the nut with the microphone) are about to take over the U.S. Lots of programs to choose from.

Ask Ivan8883.

And BTW, Ernest, the helicopters aren't black. They're dark green. :)

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question.." Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

Ernst Bass, you sound like the FBI or Johnny Reno in your attack of Prophecy Christians and other patriots. But it doesnt bothere me ,but shows the propaganda mill of Central regime working on the sleeping masses. Get a shortwave that picks up single side band which is where the Ham operators and a few shortwave stations will be when regular shortwave is shut off. Radio Shack has the DX 392 or DX 398, both of which have ssb capabilities. No the preachers and other reporters on shortwave are not nutty. Much information in the last years on shortwave is now on the mainline media! Exposes of Klintons Regime has been on shortwave for years. Chuck Harder in1992 warned people of Big Comrade. Wake up people! Shortwave info on Delta Force attack on Waco was talked about 2 years ago and now masses hear of it as Congress has another "investigation." But we do have people here on this forum who understand the threats from our own government and the UN(ONE AND THE SAME) What is amazing that many people I come in contact with dont even listen to shortwave,but are very perceptive to what is going on. But shortwave is great and i have learned much in the last several years. You can imprison or murder people,but you CANNOT ELIMINATE THE TRUTH!

Back