Buying a handgun online in California

MusclesMcGee

Is this possible ?

I've been in the market for a CZ-75 for some time now with no luck. One guy, considered to be the largest and cheapest gun shop in Los Angeles county, was charging $425 for a used, poor quality example. This is frustrating when I see BRAND NEW going for $125 less all the time online(Gunsamerica.com ect..).

So, with this in mind, have any of you California residents purchased a handgun online and had it transfered to a local FFL ?
Is this still legal ? And don't blame/criticize me for being ignorant. The Firearms laws in this state change every third Tuesday.

For now it is still legal, but you need to make arrangments before hand with the FFL you plan to ship through. As long as you are doing the work (finding the gun, handling the $$ transfer, etc., you should be able to find an FFL holder willing to accept delivery and handle the paperwork for a flat fee of anywhere from $15 to $50. Remember, you need use a great deal of tact when you approach the dealer with this idea, since he is working hard to stay in business in this current anti-gun atmosphere here in Kali. If he already has one of these in stock, and you ask to "go around him" and eliminate his profit margin, don't expect him to be happy about it. If it is something he is out of, or doesn't regularly stock, he may be more willing to help you out. Be considerate and if at all possible, try to build a good relationship with your local dealers. That's probably more info than you wanted, but I think that answered your question. Yes, you can negotiate a price for a firearm via the interent, phone, mail, whatever, but it must be shipped to an FFL holder who will also handle the transfer paperwork, instantcheck, etc.
-Spyderman

Back