Buy Sig 230/232 or Feg Hi Power or Star 45?

Tracer

Which would you buy for recreation only? prices I have found are as follows (approximate):
star $250-300
FEG 219
Sig 300-375 depending on finish and caliber (380 or 32)
thanks
tracer

For target practice, fun shooting.

The 230-232 is unbelievably accurate. Ammo is cheap and the pistol is just plain rock solid reliable.

Star. I have an UltraStar and enjoy it very much. Accuracy is okay but not great. Ammo for 45 is more expensive than either 380 or 9mm.

FEG. Depends on which FEG you get. The PJK is the HP clone. Mine is okay, beautiful, but only moderately accurate compared to my BHPs. I would suggest looking at the FM which is a licensed Hogh Power made in Argentina. Sells for about $320. Again, 9mm is very cheap so you can practice more. You can also find used BHPs in the $300 to $400 range.

Let us know which you get.

we purchased a sig 232 for the wife, and it is a well made, accurate out of the box gun. i highly reccomend it.

Adept

You didn't mention what caliber in the star, and the caliber preferences you stated for the Sig were the .380 or .32auto.

For recreational shooting, you most likely want a 9mm if you plan on burning a few boxes every couple of weekends or so. 9mm is a lot cheaper than .380 or .32 ammo. Most full size 9mm's also recoil less than .380's.

Good Shooting
RED

Out of the choices given, I'ld go with the SIG.
I had a Star .45 Firestar and while it was a good and reliable pistol - it was rough. The SIG is a higher quality piece that will keep its value. While the calibers are not all that powerful - it will serve.

Back