Buttcuff retention

voodoo

I purchased an elastic buttcuff to put on my 870 (synthetic stock) and noticed that it won't stay in place! It works its way down towards the grip end of the stock (sort of like when your socks slouch down to your ankles!). Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Velcro? Grip tape?

BTW, it already has a sidesaddle on it.

As I recall, a little electrical tape did the trick,Voodoo.

My experience with buttcuffs leaves me a trifle underwhelmed.they get in the way and affect the handling of the piece. But, lotsa folks love them .

You should invest in one of those velcro cordura buttcuffs. They're a lot tougher than the "all-elastic" ones.

pete80:

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the type of buttcuff you're referring to. Are you talking about the offerings made by Eagle and Blackhawk?

My black elastic Uncle Mikes 'Sidekick' butt magazine slides all over the place and loses loaded shells too on recoil or over obstacles.

Tightening it up only makes reloading slower and repositioning harder.

Horrible and obviously el cheapo.You wount be stupid enough to buy one would you...I did.
The ones described in this posting appear far better designed and made.

I still use it... but to stop reflections off the stock only!

------------------
***Big Bunny***

I use an Uncle Mike's on my 870 Marine Magnum. Mine has the flap to cover the rounds and stays closed with velcro. I cut a slit for the sling stud that way it doesn't slide around. Haven't had any problems with it so far....

I used furniture tacks on an old Stevens
double sidebyside, 18 1/2 inch barrels, some
gold star shaped,doesn't slip no more, :)

Good idea, I will get going with some velcro but may not use the tacks idea, but wait a minute it could look like a 'plains/indian' shottie when it is finished, as it has 30" barrels. Oh joy...

Thanks for your suggestions, horay for TFL !

Merry Xmas to all from OZ !!!

The elastic butt cuff fits nice and tight on my Mossburg 500 Slugster, but only because I have the high cheek piece installed for scope use, on cantilever mount 24" rifled barrel. When I switch barrels to the unscoped 18" cyl bore with just a tiny bead sight, the cheek piece is too high.

Back