Businesswoman kills intruder her office

More material for the next book, I hope. I also would advise the Charlotte DA to stay well clear of this one. From the facts reported in the story, this is a 100% good shoot.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

I would agree on that note to the DA. It would seem to be a good career decision. But on the otherhand, there seems to be a favorable attitude toward prosecuting anyone who has the audacity to protect themselves using a firearm. That might be another test case for the anti's.

Remember, she used to be an LEO, and by virtue, is expected to be able to aprehend a suspect without deadly force. She's now in the private sector, with that knowledge. This is going to hinge upon whether their DA is going after another title futher down on the food chain.

Best Regards,
Don

There you guys go again - showing absolutely no concern about Caudle's terrible childhood ...

It's a shame she had to to it, but it is a blessing that Juliet Williams is a woman who still graces us with her presence.

That's the way it is with concealed sidearms ... if it could save just one life, then it's worth it ...

As awful as it is to take ones life, GOOD FOR HER! That crowbar could have easily killed her in seconds. Now stories like these SHOULD be on the news.....

------------------
My-website
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica

FWIW, her reaction was the correct one - remorseful and sorry it happened.

I told one gun wise woman that if she ever did kill an attacker to make sure the police found her crying over the body, not using a pencil to probe the bullet holes and muttering about getting better penetration with another load.

Jim

Cool. He got what he deserved. Case closed.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Ya'll are missing the point.......she shot for the children, hers and his, how would her's have liked to have lived with out her and his how could they have lived being raised in such a house hold....its for the children...........emotional distress seems to be a good thing, but be very very careful, dont say anything until you get your lawyer...just keep repeating I need my lawyer...lawyers get paid large salries to twist what you say...fubsy. I hope that da dosent think that was a "throw down crowbar"....lol...fubsy.

Sounds like self defense to this legal eagle. Big man, deadly weapon. . .do you think that if you got hit in the head with a crowbar, you'd die?

Alls fair, he had a deadly weapon and was attacking her. She defended herslef. Nothing says she did anything other than shoot him once.

Self defense. Any good prosecutor is going to walk away and drop the charges. The FOP will be watching.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat turds powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

While I was in college, I remember looking through a book called, I think, "Medical/Legal Investigation of Death" my roommate had brought home (don't ask me why he brought it home, it had nothing to do with what he was studying, he was kind of weird). In the book, there were many gruesome photos, but I recall one in particular. It was of a nightwatchman who had been murdered by a burglar. The burglar hit the nightwatchman in the back of the head at least twice with a crowbar, causing severe lacerations to the scalp, which led to the man bleeding to death. When I read the above story, this image immediately flashed into my mind.

I know that no one on this board would think she went overboard, but I wonder how many people in the anti-gun crowd think she did--I'll bet there are at least a few. Maybe if they saw some real-life photos of the aftermath of murders they wouldn't be so quick to condemn and try to confiscate.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Back