Bushnell Scopes

S.F.S

I was in my local Wal-mart the other day and they had 4 Bushnell Sportview 4x12x40 scopes w/ Adjustable objectives for $45.00 a piece on clearence. Do these scopes hold up well? I was thinking of putting one on my .243 and possibly my 30'06.
Thanks
Scott

I have 2 Bushnell scopes,

A trophy 3x9x40 WA, which rests on my Ruger 10/22
A ScopeChief 6x20x40 AO which rests on my Savage 10FP, .308

I haven't had any problems with either, but I have only had them since March 01.

I have heard that Bushnells aren't the best, but they are serving me well right now. Later I will upgrade to something better, but I am just starting out with rifles. :eek:

Well, I must say first off that everything you read is correct. At least when it comes to Savage rifles. Some people love them, others are plain old Savage HATERS!

Savage Arms Rifles are very accurate out of the box.

Savage Arms Rifles have really crappy synthetic stocks.

Savage Arms Rifles triggers desperately need replaced on the older ones, and the newer ones could use a new trigger.

With that said, I LOVE my Savage rifle. I could not imagine buying anything other than this rifle. I did not want a Remington, or I would have bought one. I wanted the best bang for the buck, and Savage has that covered.

As far as the stock, it can be used as is and still have good accuracy, I still have the original stock on mine, and have no plans of replacing it in the next years or so. The trigger on mine is very adjustable. Some of the older FP's didn't have these adjustable triggers on them, I guess I got lucky. I see no need right now to change the trigger, I tuned mine to where I want it.

If you want to learn more about them, just do a search for Savage rifles on TFL. You will find more owners of Savage Rifles right here than on any other board I have visited.

My advise is buy one, set it up for what you are going to use it for, and enjoy it. You won't regret it! Unless you too are a Savage HATER!!!

:D

Glockster35, That's exactly what I've read about them. I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money, but want an accurate rifle. The Savage seems to be the ticket. I am going into it with the expectation of changing the trigger, if needed. Thanks....

Don't rush out and get a trigger until you have tried adjusting the one on your Savage. I think mine is good enough for me for at least a while, the stock will be my next purchase. I may have a good buy on the TEK 2000, if the guy replies to my e-mail.

I have a 3-9x40 Banner series on my H&K G3. It's holding up very well.
After buying the G3 I couldn't afford a nice Leupold, but I have had other Bushnell products in the past and I figured I'd give their rifle scope a try. I like it just fine, and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Back