Bushmaster Competition AR

Boomer8404

I picked up Bushmaster AR through a trade. It looks just like a current Bushmaster DCM-XR Series Competition A3 Model, but I was told its a pre current DCM-XR model. I have been looking online for some info on it but have had no luck. Heres a little info on it. Its an A3, HBAR barrel, the twist stamp is really crapily done, Im pretty sure its 1:8, but could possibly be 1:9. I think its 1:8 though cause I can just make out the bottom loop of the 8. It doesnt have the now current DCM free float hand guards. Basically, the only difference I can tell from mine and the current DCM is that mine doesnt have the DCM free floater. Oh, also, the trigger is nowhere near the nice 3.5/1 lb 2 stage trigger thats advertised on the current DCM-XR Bushmaster.

Im wondering if anyone might know the actual model number of my AR, or could help me in idententifying it. Also, I would like to put a non railed free float fore end w/ bipod mount on it. Swap the front sight for a gas block/flip up front sight combo. Also put a nice 2 stage dropin trigger in it. So Im looking for any ideas and or suggestions. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Back