Bushmaster Bullpup

Skorzeny

How reliable is the Bushmaster Bullpup? Is it as reliable as other AR-15 designs (including Bushmaster Shorty Carbine)?

Is it still available at the retail price ($650) advertised on the Bushmaster website?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

The last few I've seen were priced around $700 - $750 retail, but I'm sure you could find it for less if you looked. I like the design, and if it weren't for the new laws here in CA, it would be my next purchase. A friend of mine has one set up with a red dot sight, and it's a blast to shoot. I've been out with him several times, and I have yet to see any jam or misfire whatsoever. Accuracy is incredible for something its size, although the "stock" takes some getting used to. Quick mag changes also take some practice. It is still in production, so parts are easy to come by, and appearantly rarely needed. I know some people don't like bullpups in general, but this one is pretty sweet. There are pre and post ban versions available, and the primary difference is the flash hider. If you can find one new for $700 or less, get it. Just my opinion, anyway.
-John

Actually, If memory serves correctly, the operrating system of the Bullpup is based on the AR-180. I don't think the intermals are interchangable with an AR15, but it does use AR15 mags.Ecellent weapon, though. Interesting feel.

Mine was a total disaster. It would not feed or extract. It also would have the reciever pins walk out under firing and come unhinged on the range. Sometimes when it came apart it would fire bursts.
I have heard lots of both good and bad about them from other owners.
Mine was most likely just a lemon but I thought you should hear about it before plunking down your money.
Dealer price listed in the new catalog is $625.00

I have read reports of brass falling back into the stock and causing trouble. Older models had no iron sights. I'd avoid it in favor of traditional AR.

Back