Burris Veracity 2-10x42 vs. Primary Arms GLX 2.5-10x44

Captains1911

I’m looking for a scope for my AR-10 (.308 Win) which will be a dedicated short to mid-range hunting rig, deer mostly and possibly coyote. I’ve already settled on this magnification range, and am looking hard at these two scopes. I’m looking at the E1 reticle on the Burris and the ACSS-Raptor on the PA. Both are FFP, in the same price range, and similar weight. I like the simpler E1 reticle on the Burris, but prefer the illumination on the PA. I honestly don’t really care about the fancy reticles a lot of scopes have these days, I won’t be shooting critters past 250 yards and so a 50yd zero with no hold over or compensation works just fine for my hunting needs.

Looking for opinions on which might suit me better, based on my described use. Really curious to hear opinions from those who have experience with either one or both. Thanks for the input.

There is give and take with both scopes.
Having shot the PA on a friends rifle & owning 2 of the Burris Fullfield IIs with the E1 reticle.

The PA is a solidly built scope with good tracking & reticle. Rugged. With decent, but not great glass.

The Burris has better optic quality.
I'm betting better yet with the Verocity over the Fullfield II.
They have been dependable, and track well also.

The addition of the illuminated reticle on the PA would definitely help in low light levels.
I missed out on a deer last year, waiting to be able to see the reticle with my Burris.
I could plainly see the deer at 402 yards, but couldn't see the reticle.

Another option might be Crimson Trace.
Solidly built! Good tracking. Really good glass!
I have one of the Series 2 (discontinued).
Looking at picking up one of their Hardlines.

I ended up going a different route when I discovered the Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-10x56. It’s a little on the heavy side, but the simple illuminated duplex reticle and light gathering ability seemed to fit the bill.

Back