Burris or Leopold?

Hey PDshooter, I've got a whole bunch of Leupold scopes and have never had a problem with them. Did return some to have the HEAVY Duplex reticles installed and noticed they "upgraded" some of the internal goodies on scopes that had no problems at all as far as I could tell. Apparently Leupold thought this newer stuff would make them even better, so they changed those pieces on their own.

I've got a buddy who is beginning to buy Burris Scopes and I must admit that the ones he has so far seem to be very well built. His latest is a Fullfield II and we both get the impression that it is equivalent to a VariX-II. We base that simply on looking through them during twilight, not by any sales brochures.

Haven't had a chance to compare one of the Signatures with a VariX-III yet. But, I see nothing at all wrong with Burris products.

By the way, the Burris Signature scope rings, that have the floating synthetic inserts, are the best rings currently available on the market. I've got a bunch of the Leupold Dual Dovetail mounts, but as I get new rifles, they will ALL have the Burris Signature rings.

Good hunting and clean 1-shot kills, Hot Core

Leupold just has that reputation. There may well be other (non German) scopes as good, but none will retain their value like one with the gold ring on the objective. Go with the Leupold, IMHO.

I own four Signature Burris' scopes and my brother had four Leupold VXIII's. I would pleasantly shoot all eight guns all day long. You can't go wrong.

shooter22

Everyone knows Leupold makes some excellent scopes. I'll just add that their customer service is first rate. If you EVER have a problem with any item, They will take care of it.

Happy Leupold owner

Back