Burris FulField II 3x9 or Leupold VXII 3x9?

Simple question, lots of opinions - I know there are TONS of other scope options but have narrowed it down to these two - please respond if you have used either of these specific models only. The Burris is considerably cheaper (by $70), has a cool Ballistic Plex reticle, and supposedly has less potential leakage points. Of course, never heard one bad thing about any Leupold. Both have lifetime warranties. Will be used for target shooting 50-200 yards on free-floating Armalite carbine with stainless steel barrel. Thanks a lot!

LEUPOLD.
I have several and they are excellent. My dad bought a 3-9 varix II in 1972ish. Last year we were hunting muley's and he slipped on a hill and fell on his rifle. We looked at it and cleaned off all the dirt and snow and saw no damage. Later in the day he had a easy 250 yard shot at a really nice buck and never even touched it. He shot 4 times (Win pre64 270 ) and we never saw a bullet hit. Set up a rock at about 50 yards and he was shooting 8 feet over it. We got looking at the scope and you could actually see it was bent!! He sent the scope back to Leupold, with an explanation of what happened and they sent him a brand new one! That is customer service second to none:D

I have both- Burris Fullfield 2 3-9x40, Leupold Vari-x 2 3-9x50. A friend has a Burris Fullfiled 2 3-9x50 and a Leupold Vari-X 2 3-9x40. We have compared the clarity of the four scopes and could tell no difference. The Burris scopes seem heavier, but that is because the internals are brass. I have not looked at one of the new VX-II scopes (Vari-X 2 has been discontinued) so I can not comment on them, but overall, in my experience both Leupold and Burris are excellent scopes.

Nate

Back