Burris fastfire III or similar option?

Husqvarna

Burris fastfire III or similar option?

a reddot that is not in a tube, just the screen.

what other options then the burris are there?

I am setting up a browning blr and the look with a burris type reddot is much better then a aimpoint micro (which I have and am very pleased with)

and a second question, the burris mounts to weaver mounts but which position is the best? back of the action or front? does it matter?

having it as far forward is good for shooting with both eyes open right? but my father wants to carry the rifle in a backpackscabbard so the back would be better for that

Different application; we put one on my son's AR-10 on a 45 degree rail under the optic. It's small size made it ideal for this application. Great little reflex sight.

several

Leupold makes a very small rugged dot called the Delta Point, and Trjicon has one similar, and C-More has some micro dots down the same line. Bushnell has one now too, I think...........but I have no experience with any of them.

can't advise

Cannot say on the Vortex. They're warranty on other optics seems attractive, but I do not own any of their products. Any of my dealings with Leupold (have several, like maybe a dozen) of their conventinal 'scopes is very positive, most never need anything. And any work from their shop, for reticle changes and the one bad egg I bought used, was very positive indeed.

I have looked a bit at putting a micro dot on semiauto handgun, and sources seem to say that the Leupold delta and the Triji hold up best in terms of durability in that venue (semi auto pistol) .

Where to mount....I'd experiment and let your Dad decide.

I have two of the Burris FF3s and have had no problems with them what so ever. I've got one on a Win 1886 45-70 and another one on a Ruger SBH and it too has had no problems. I've owned a couple dozen different red dots over the last twenty-five years and these FF3s are as good as any of them. If the recoil of the 45-70 or 44mag doesn't cause a problem, I doubt anything will. FYI, on the Win 1886 my gun will shoot five shot groups at a measured 114yds (my deck to the target berm) averaging 1.3-1.8". It's available in two different dot sizes. I use the smaller dot.

Back