Burn, Baby, Burn!

Desertscout1

We will be having our 2nd Annual UN Flag burning ceremony on 24 October, UN Day. We had a pretty good turn-out last year but it expect it to be at least triple this year. Besides for myself, we are going to have a State Senator and and another guy from AZ speaking. We'll start with the proper disposal of a number of U.S. flags that have been brought to us from area businesses then we'll burn the UN flag most unceremoniously. We'll have refreshments and sales on stuff all day.

There are a couple of GT'ers here locally and if any of the rest of you would like to join us, feel free. You can find us through the link in my sig line.

As if anyone cares about UN flags. Want to make a real political point, burn euros, the real symbol of the political world outside of the US. Alas, your dollars just won't buy as many euros as they did even a month ago.

Red? You surely didn't expect a flag burner to have equal standards on free expression, did you? :p;)

Rather than burning a flag, perhaps a movement to end US funding and participation in the U.N. would be a bit more productive and effective.

I like to fly my Chinese made American flag. If another man wants to burn his that is fine by me. IF he burns my flag then he can suffer the consequences of the punishable offence that he is guilty of. Destruction of private property or if it is a government owned and flown flag. Destruction of government property. Simple, without being caught in a double standard situation.;)

Nationalism and communism. Neither are a good thing IMO.

Red? You surely didn't expect a flag burner to have equal standards on free expression, did you?
Just wanted to know where everyone stood is all. :p

Although I do find it amusing that the American flag I bought at Ace Hardware still had its "made in china" sticker on it. ^_^

Back