Bullseye sights

tim s

I'm a casual Bullseye shooter and one of my guns is going to be equiped, this year, with a dot/reflex sight. What do you guys use and /o see a lot on the lines.

Tell you the truth I'm giving a hard look at the Leupold deltapoint with the 3.5 dot but I'd like any real world experiences.

My wife and I run 30mm Ultra Dot Match Dot sights on all of our bullseye guns - currently 7 of them on pistols ranging from .22 to .45. They're reasonably priced and come with a lifetime guarantee, which I've never had to use in spite of a few of them being mounted on the slides of my .45s where they take a pretty good beating. They're also relatively parallax-free and although I don't fool around with it as much as I used to, I like being able to change the dot size simply by turning a knob. Some of the guys like to use the 1-minute dot for slow fire and then switch to the 2-minute dot for sustained fire - I've stopped bothering with that, but it works for them. They're by far the most popular red dot sights on the line for the teams I shoot with here in New England. I have no knowledge of the Leupold, but personally I would find a 3.5-minute dot to be too large.

Back