Bullpup stocks by Muzzlelite

Rich I

Has anyone tried one of these? I saw a Bullpup stock on a Mini-14 several months back but I didn't pay too much attention since I wasn't planning on getting a Mini-14. However, I noticed recently that they make a version for a 9mm Marlin Camp Carbine. I'd prefer one for a .45 ACP Marlin Camp Carbine, given the choice. However, I'd be satisfied with a 9mm.
I have a Kel-Tec Sub-9 and a Ruger PC-4 and they're both fun to use and accurate at 50 yards. I'd like to get a Camp Carbine with a Bullpup stock and put a red dot sight on it. The one drawback to the Sub-9 is lack of a scope mount. Kel-Tec was supposed to have them out by now but they want $75 for it, you have to send your weapon to the factory to have it installed and the rifle will no longer fold. What's the use of having a Sub-9 if it doesn't fold?
Anyway, I had toyed with the idea of getting a Bushmaster Bullpup until I felt the trigger. Without going into details I'll just say it was pretty bad.
I'd rather get an HK USC45 but it probably won't be available this year. :( I have room in my budget for one last, pre-SB23 purchase and a Bullpup stock has two of the evil features, making it a candidate.

Thanks for any info,
Rich

Avoid them...
They are vary nasty. You dont want all that cheap plastic.
If you got really creative you could fabricate your own. I saw several Home-Bulled mini-14 back in Virgina.

------------------
Not all Liberals are annoying... Some are Dead.
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I leafed through a Palladin Press book called The Mni -14 Exotic Weapons System

It had some illustrations on bullpupping a Mini-14. I didn't really dig into the book, just gave it a cursory exam.

Might be worth the risk of buying a copy.

Thier URL is:

www.paladin-press.com

Hope this helps.

------------------
Dan

Si vis pacem para bellum!

Check me out at:
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm" TARGET=_blank>

www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm</A>
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Back