bullpup 12 gauge.

Jetrecbn

Do they still sell the bullpup stocks? Where can I get them? I threw out all my old SGN's and can't find them in the ads. I fired a plastic futuristic looking one before but I didn't really care for it then since I was only eleven. Now I think the concept has merit. I don't like the long guns for house defense because I am not as comfortable moving around with them as I am with pistols. I recalled the bullpup design and now I want to re-try it.

I don't know of anyone currently making a bullpup stock factory or aftermarket, for a shotgun. In my college days (1980-1985)I worked for Turner's, a small chain of hunting and fishing stores. I remember Turner's selling a Mossberg bullpup. I don't remember the name or model. I think it was a model 500 variation. But I do remember it seemed to weigh a lot. It was a bullpup with a vertical grip on the pump.

Espresso, I believe the model you are talking about was made by Maverick. And yes, they were very heavy in spite of the size of them. I owned one for some time. It would definately be good as a H/D shotgun due to it's small size and bullpup design with slide and stock pistol grips, However I felt they were a bit heavy. I sold mine when I was hard up for money a few years ago. I really wished I didn't though, I rarely ever see them anymore :(

------------------
"what gives a government that arms the whole world the right to disarm it's own citizens?"

Unless you want one just to hang on the wall and look cool you probably oughta just skip it. I had a Mossberg 500 Bullpup and it couldn`t have thrilled me less. It was heavy, and had the pointing and handling characteristics of a piano. The "sights" in the handguard appeared to be made out of bricks painted black when sighting down them. Overall ergonomics were very poor. The grip safety required an almost white knuckle grip to deactivate and the slide release is still in the stock location and is accessed through a hole in the stock with your *third* hand while the other two hold the gun up by the grip and rack the pump. BTW if you don`t have a third hand this may be somewhat clumsy. They do look kinda cool though. :rolleyes: Marcus

Try http://users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/

Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement magazine had a couple of write-ups on the prototypes of this gun a few years ago. They were very impressed. I was drooling :).

But don't hold your breath, I've been waiting for production to start on this gun for 5 years. Even then it will probably be banned from import.

Oh well, it doesn't hurt to dream.

P.S. Are there any American semi-auto bullpup shotguns?

The thing I don't like about the NeoStead is the pumping action is reversed to that of a conventional pump.

But there was a thing called the Swatiplex-18(sp?). It was a semi-auto bullpup with 18 rounds held under the barrel. It isn't made, but shoulda been.

The stocks themselves are still being manufactured and are available from a variety of sourses. Purchase the gun and then attach the stock. I believe they require a minimum 20" bbl.
I owned one and carried it in a patrol car for a few years. But it was , as others here said, simply awful. Heavy, awkward, even inaccurrate. And the most intimidating weapon around. I even had fellow officers come up and ask it was some sort of 12 gauge machine gun! I can't wait to get another bullpup stock to go on my new 8 shot 500. :D

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Socialdysphoric, yes High Standard made bullpup semi auto shotgun some years back. I actually got fire one that my father's friend had owned. It was very compact and held five rounds. Worked well just never caught on as they trying to market to police departments in the late 60's early 70's. BTW I own a Mossberg 500 bullpup I got real cheap ($150 I think). Not a bad gun well built but I do not like the grip safety. They made two versions one with an 18" barrel and 5 shot tube and one with a 20" barrel and a 6 shot tube. I have 18" model very compact as small a pistol grip Persuader model but you can shoulder it.

------------------
I AM NOT NUMBER! I AM A FREE MAN!

Jetrecbn, try Gun Parts Corp. in NY. A while back they had the original Mossberg kits to convert a model 500 into a bullpup configuraton. This was a while back though but it is worth a shot. Good Luck.

------------------
I AM NOT NUMBER! I AM A FREE MAN!

I believe it is Choate that currently has the stocks available. If I recall Cheaper than dirt has them.
If after doing a search you are still unable to locate the stock give me an e-mail and I'll dig around in this mountain of *stuff* I have around here and find you a source for them. They run right close to a C note though.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Last gunshow here in CA saw 2 High Standard bullpups for $700-$800 in great condition... interesting design... but impractical for most situations... I remember them being quite heavy.

Ben

Back