Bullet Trap

HandCannon

Inactive
Does anyone have or know where I can get a set of plans to build a bullet trap? I want to be able to do load testing in my industrial building on weekends. I'm looking to build something that would sit or mount to a pallet and could be positioned with a forklift so weight is not a problem. I am thinking something 4' w. x 5' h. by whatever depth. Just need a good proven design, I have all of the equipment to build it.

Thanks

Call up the NRA. They have a book of plans. Realize, though, that you'll have to deal with the ventilation issues as well.

M1911

Careful

Since it's an industrial building - is it a workplace? OSHA could be all over you for residual lead & other contaminants still around when your employees come in Monday morning.

Just my take - hate to see anyone get in trouble.

>>>Since it's an industrial building - is it a workplace? OSHA could be all over you for residual lead & other contaminants still around when your employees come in Monday morning.<<<

Because it's just me testing loads I'm not concerned with any contamination at a level that would affect anybody. It's a 24,000 sq. ft CNC machine shop so a very small amount of lead isn't going to be measurable in that environment let alone hurt anyone.

>>>handcannon, What handguns do you have?<<<

Oh gee, let's see, Sig, Beretta, Rugers, HK, Walther, S&W, IMI-Desert Eagle, Freedom Arms, Para-Ordinance, Glock and probably one or two more I can't remember at the moment.

Handgun calibers go from 22 rimfire to 50AE including 454 Casull and 475 Linebaugh (now ya know where my handle came from). I'm setup to load 43 calibers from 22 Jet to 50 BMG. Always looking for another caliber to aquire whether it be standard or some oddball. Am I one of those Gun Nuts??

Back