Bullet diameter for 7.62x25 Tok

noelf2

I just got a Romanian Tokarev a month ago and also bought a 1260 round can of surplus polish 1950's ammo. I've heard that 7.62x25 bullet is .307 diameter, but see that some people use up to .309. I pulled a bullet from one of the surplus rounds and it measures .305?? Anybody had problems with surplus ammo for these? .305 seems like it's going to be a bit sloppy.

I thought that you'd use the .311/.312 bullets like the Eastern Bloc 7.62 rifles?

I have not yet reloaded for my 7.62 Nagant or 7.62 Tok pistols, so I could be very, very wrong...

Tamara, 7.62x25 uses a bit smaller diameter bullet than the the MN rifles, but I wasn't expecting it to be so much smaller. Some reloaders use 90gr .308 diameter bullets for the 7.62x25, but I wasn't expecting the milsurp stuff to be so much smaller.

When my roomie gets home, I'll see if she has something in her vast collection of toolboxes with which to mike the bore of my Radom Tok. Now you've got me curious...

Would be interesting to see what you find out. I'm thinking about slugging the bore of my Romanian Tok. If it is bigger than .307, I'll have to load my own ammo to get decent accuracy.

I thought that you'd use the .311/.312 bullets like the Eastern Bloc 7.62 rifles?

In my experience, the Tok bullets tend to be round-nosed to feed better, whereas the rifle bullets (7.62x54R) are spitzers.

Back