bullet availability

NHSHOOTER

I am perplexed, seems to be some general availability of bullets now here and about of hornady and speer but no sierra..any ideas on this? Sorry, should have specified, 7 mm bullets, (hunting)

Last edited:
I see Sierra back on the shlef every so often, but prices dang near doubled. Hornaday seems to be a little higher but not that much, at least where I am.

The thing I just dont understand, are these companies just not producing any projectiles or ammo ? Its not like its showing up and being bought right away, its just not showing up, are they in need of people for production like everyone else? If not personal, what is the problem? When I do see large rifle primers they are 125 bucks per 1000, pre pandemic prices were approx 30 bucks per 1000, can somebody explain to me who production costs have quadrupled in 2 yrs? Somebody or some company's profits must be soaring? Just me ranting because I just dont get it...

Last edited:
Discussing bullets specifically I can see companies that make bullets and ammunition preferring to put their bullets into their ammo where there may be a tad more profit involved. As long as the ammo continues to sell out the profit motive would continue to be in putting most of their bullets into ammo. If certain cartridges are selling out there may well be incentive to place raw materials into the bullets for those cartridges and not the much less popular ones you may prefer.

Two reason I can think of that explain why you don't see bullets on store shelves:
1- the price fluctuations are causing such swings in prices that no one wants to get stuck with bullets they have to sell at a loss
2- Since most people have resorted to buying on-line, store owners don't want to try to guess what will be the next hot one, so they don't play at all.

Last edited:
Back