Bulgarian makarov shooting high

lordhedgwich

I have s bulgarian makarov and i have put about 700-800 rounds through it (brown bear and LVE ball ammo) but today i shot half a box of silver bear hollow point and it was shooting really high and i couldnt hit the target from like 15 yards which normally the makarov seems really accurate with ball ammo

What were the weights of the ammo used(grains)? Differences in bullet weight can effect point of impact.

both lve is 92gr brown bear is 94gr and the silver bear hp is also 94gr like i said the brown bear and lve i never had a problem with always seemed dead on. I had to aim about 6 in under the target to hit it with the silver bear

In my experience, Silver bear and LVE both shot to POA. Brown Bear hollow point hit about 4" low.

I think Maks were sighted for a 6 o'clock hold. For whatever that might be worth.

I agree with Rodger_p. It seems that Maks and Tokarevs are all sighted a bit high. In my experience, Makarovs are incredibly accurate and I wouldn't concern myself too much with where it punches the paper as long as the accuracy is still practical.

Today 05:05 PM
shaunpain posted
I agree with Rodger_p. It seems that Maks and Tokarevs are all sighted a bit high. In my experience, Makarovs are incredibly accurate and I wouldn't concern myself too much with where it punches the paper as long as the accuracy is still practical.
======================================================

Yep, been my experiance as well.

Back