BUL Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911 C.

This pistol has one of the best triggers I've ever felt in a factory 1911. Short take-up, zero creep, crisp let off, 3lbs on the button.

Does anyone know if there are after-market front sights that will fit the front dovetail on this pistol?
X2LhKsz.jpg

Note the fit of the mainspring housing and how the tips of the checkering are just below the frame. I have no idea if this was a manufacturing error or if it was designed this way.
blgnoQZ.jpg

Note how far below the frame the mag catch has to be pushed in order to rotate the lock out of the frame slot so the catch can be removed.
zUlnqN5.jpg

I called Magnum Research Tech Support this morning and asked about the front sight dovetail. Spoke to a very helpful fellow (Scott Dobbs) and explained that I wanted to replace the original sight with a Dawson fiber optic. He said their slide dovetail matches the Kimber slide dovetail. He then e-mailed me with the front and rear sight dovetail specs for each of their 1911 models. He couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful.

Then I called Dawson and asked what their specs were for their Kimber front sights. They were close enough that a little light file work would be all that was needed to fit them to the slide dovetail.

Question asked and answered.

Sounds like it’s working out for you. I think my only gripe personally would be the size of that rollmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it’s working out for you. I think my only gripe personally would be the size of that rollmark.
This particular pistol was built in Feb 2015. Since then Magnum Research has done away with the giant billboard and placed a small model ID on the slide just above the slide stop. Here's what the newer models look like. Much nicer but I'm not a fan of forward cocking serrations.

9ytDDy2.jpg

Yeah I agree with you. A smaller rollmark is nice, but I’m not a big fan of front serrations on 1911s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played with one of these. They are very nice for the price point. Made by Bul out of Israel for Magnum Research.

I am eyeballing a 5" 9mm Stainless version myself.

The billboard sized markings don’t bother me much, and it looks like a good gun.
And if it’s a BUL, it is a good gun.:)

Back